The incomparable Julie Baldwin is here to wrap up the wedding vow mini-series. How do we cope with the ‘until death do us part’ line? What does that mean in our day-to-day married lives?
“Marriage: To Death, Infinity and Beyond”
- Bring out the best in your spouse – Will makes me want to be a better woman, and I make Will want to be a better man. We live life together by encouraging each other in our hopes and goals.
- Celebrate your faith together – we pray together every night, attend Mass with each other, and encourage each other spiritually.
- Humble your desires – As a couple, we both do things we’d rather not do – like laundry, getting up instead of sleeping, studying – so we can be the best spouses to each other and parents to our daughter.
- Seek happiness – There will be tough times: acknowledge hardships, talk through them, support each other, and try not to dwell in them. There is always hope; God always provides. Be open to His will; see the blessings.
- Seek each other – Life changes all of us. We will all grow, hopefully in maturity and wisdom. Most importantly, we should grow both individually and as a couple.
- Love each other – Love is the surest pathway to God, and the greatest asset in marriage.