Just in case you missed it…I was tagged in one of those blog-hop-get-to-know-you posts. After reading people’s responses to my questions I thought that perhaps I’d answer my own questions…and some of theirs, because these things are fun! No more tagging, just getting to know you and me!
My questions for others to answer…which I am now answering:
1. What is your favorite thing to blog about, or which post of yours is your favorite?
Favorite thing to blog about…the everyday things that reveal God’s goodness, whether that is music, the prayers we pray without thinking about it, the scars we have, or snow-covered windshields, I’ll tackle it all! My favorite post though…I’ll write one at the end of the year chronicling my favorite posts of 2013! 🙂
2. Who is your favorite band at the moment?
Luke Bryan, but that’s just because I picked up his new CD last week and it is rad. Or OneRepublic for the same reason. Or Ben Rector. I’m a music junkie, much like Morgan. (Sorry not sorry for that question Morgan!)
3. If you were going to die tomorrow and you could go anywhere before you died, where would you spend your last day on earth?
In the same place where Christ spent His last day on Earth, or perhaps where He was born. Somewhere where He was.
4. What is your favorite prayer (outside of the Mass)?
The Rosary usually, but my favorite short one to mutter or cling to when I’m in need of prayer is simply “Fill my heart, flood my soul.”
5. What song or movie do you turn on at the end of bad day?
It depends on why the day was bad, but usually the movie is The Adjustment Bureau or Pride & Prejudice. Song changes…my go to one is “Somewhere In Between” by Lifehouse or “Boston” by Augustana.
6. Which season of the year is your favorite and why?
Fall…or Winter. Or Spring. Fall because I love the leaves changing and the smells and the cooler weather. Winter because I love snow and sweaters 😉 (And I joke that winter forces people to be a bit more modest!) Spring because it is just starting to warm up and the flowers are blooming (if you could take away my allergies it would be even better!)
7. Which liturgical season is your favorite and why?
The purple ones: Lent and Advent, they both make me think and really focus deeply on spiritual growth and why God put me on this earth.
8. Would you rather be taking pictures or be in the pictures?
Like Morgan, both. I love capturing the beauty of the world, but I also enjoy being a goof ball in front of the camera (and getting others to be goofy with me!).
9. What is the best deal you ever got on a piece of clothing and what did you buy?
Its hard to say…best steal on a brand name? Probably a $250 dress (Adrianna Papell…love her dresses) that I bought for $60, but I’ve also bought some pretty sweet everyday things for next to nothing. I’m a thrifty shopper!
10. What is the best piece of advice/or wisdom you ever heard from your mother?
You have time for what you make time for.
11. If you could go back in time five years and tell yourself one thing, what would you tell your younger self?
And now…a random sampling of other people’s questions:
- If you could go to ANY country RIGHT NOW, where would you go? Top of the list is still Italy…but there are a few other countries on the list now 😉
- Are you a toilet paper up or down kinda person? Over or under? Definitely over. I’ve changed it other people’s houses, so if that has ever happened to you after I’ve visited your house…now you know who it was!
- What is one or two pieces of jewelry you wear everyday? Rosary bracelet made by the monks at my college, pearl earrings from Grandma and Granpa, crucifix, and two miraculous medals (the first one I ever got and a beautiful one in Latin that was blessed by Pope Francis)
- Would you rather drive, fly or take a train somewhere? I’ve never taken a train, but I haven’t heard good things about them, so fly or drive!
- What do you think about tattoos? Would you get one? I think that if they mean something they are cool in my book…in moderation. I don’t need my face tattooed. Would I ever get one? If I could get over my extreme dislike of needles, and actually decide where to put the one I’ve had designed for years…
1. What is the longest roadtrip you’ve ever taken? Colorado to North Carolina throughout college. Epic and awesome.
2. Favorite frugal-ish place to clothing shop? (need some help over here! 🙂 Ross, I find almost everything there!
3. What did you want to be when you were younger? Garth Brooks. I wish I were kidding.
4. Any books you’re currently reading? Three to Get Married (Fulton Sheen), The Imitation of Mary, 33 Days to Morning Glory, Redeeming Love (Francine Rivers)…the Catechism of the Catholic Church and The Bible (God).
5. What is your favorite TV show at the moment? (or coming back in the Fall!) How I Met Your Mother, Suits, Under the Dome
6. Do you journal? If so, where and what time of day? Yes, pretty much every single day! At the end of the day in the quiet of my room, or in an adoration chapel.