I’m not going to lie, I’ve seen awards like this one floating around blogs and I’ve secretly been hoping to get one (as opposed to stealing one and claiming to have actually received it), so I’m excited that one has made it’s way here!
I was nominated for this wonderful award by my beautiful friend, Stephanie Lasitter (who I still have to remind myself is no longer Stephanie Felts!), who I’ve known ever since our freshman year together at the Abbey…and that was 6 years ago!? Her blog, Behind These Eyes is a joy to read. She is so insightful and virtually traveling along with her into married life and motherhood is humbling. I’m so glad she lets her readers into her life through her blog, I’m blessed to know her!
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It’s a way to acknowledge each other and say “you’re doing a great job”. It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it’s also a nice way to spread the word about smaller blogs and get them more readers and followers!
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person(s) who nominated you. You pass the Award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions. You’re not allowed to nominate the blog(s) who nominated you! (To get the button, right-click the picture on my page and save the picture to your computer. You can then upload to your blog.) …Also, I’m changing the number to seven, because, like Stephanie I’m not sure I could nominate 11 who have 200 followers or less…and I just love the number 7 (and it is holy)!
The nominees are as follows:
1. Being Open To Life
2. The Man Who Would Be Knight
3. Life. To The Full.
4. On The Path To Spinsterhood
5. Mama just needs a minute…
6. RKE Café
7. From the Mouth of a Sheep
There is SO much I could say about each of those blogs, but I’ll let you peruse for yourselves, time well spent. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll think, you’ll grow.
And now…7 random facts about me (I also feel like I’m playing telephone because I’m changing the rules of this award as it goes on…oh well):
1. I found a turtle in my garage this week and tried to keep it…until I discovered that it would eventually need a GIANT tank. I think it was a girl because she had some definite sass about her, so I shall call her Wilma. She’s been released into the wild in a lake up the road.
2. I am terrified of moths. I hardly think there is anything in the world that scares me more. My uncle once told me that they are Satan’s butterflies. I blame him.
3. I’ve played violin for the better part of 14 years now, and my violin’s name is Aphrodite (and yes, there is a story there).
4. Without intending it, I’ve become more of a daily Mass communicant than I ever thought I would. My body wakes up for Mass without regard to when I fell asleep, and (not so) secretly, I love that.
5. I cannot stand when the volume on anything – TV, car stereo, etc. – is set to an odd number. I’ll change the volume, even on other people’s TVs and cars.
6. The first tooth I ever lost I swallowed. I left the tooth fairy a note and got $5 anyway.
7. I never leave home without four things: rosary bracelet, cell phone, chapstick, and nalgene.
Now, to answer Steph’s questions:
1. If you could be an animal, what would you be?
2. What is your favorite thing about yourself? Any attribute – physical or other.
The fact that everything I think to put here makes me feel like I would sound arrogant…so I’ll say nothing. Haha!
3. If you could ask God one thing right now, what would it be?
I think recent months have taught me to stop asking because I’m just along for the ride. But if I’m being honest I’d probably ask Him who (and if) He wants me to marry.
4. If you could tell your five-year old self one thing, what would it be?
5-year-old me? Enjoy being a big sister while your brother is actually smaller than you are. Don’t be afraid to learn from him.
5. What is your fondest memory of your childhood?
Sitting out on the front porch with my dad and watching the thunderstorms in silence with him, just taking in the beauty and power of God.
6. Who is the one person you admire most. Why?
That is a tough one…Mary. She’s my Mama and the truest example of womanhood. Striving to imitate her is a daily struggle, but I’m eternally grateful for her guidance and example.
7. Describe yourself in three words.
Catholic. Woman. Passionate.
8. Why did you start a blog?
Honestly, at the time, I needed something that gave me purpose and a reason to get out of bed. I hated my job and my personal life seemed headed for the crapper, too. I had no idea what God would do (and hopefully will do) with it.
9. If you only had one store to shop at for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Is money an object? It’s a toss up between Ross, Kohl’s, Bath and Body Works…and anywhere that sells ball gowns.
10. What make-believe world out of any book or movie would you LOVE to travel to?
Hogwarts. After Harry defeated Voldemort, of course.
11. If you were stranded on a deserted island… just kidding. If someone wrote a book about your life, what actress would play your role?
Emma Stone. Or Anne Hathaway. Probably Emma.
Questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite book in the Bible and why?
2. If you found a random turtle in your garage, what would you do with it? [Please note that turtle soup is not an acceptable answer.]
3. What is one thing you want to achieve in the next 3 years?
4. What is your favorite color, and what does that color say about you?
5. If you had to switch careers tomorrow and could go into any field you wanted, what would you do?
6. If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive [excluding Jesus], who would it be?
7. If you had to leave your current country for the rest of your life, where would you move?
Thanks for playing along! Also, when you post your blog about the award, put a link in the comment box so we can all read your answers too!
What I’m Listening To:
“You Don’t Know Her Like I Do” by Brantley Gilbert
“Cowboys and Angels” by Dustin Lynch
“Over” by Blake Shelton
“What Kind of Fool” by Gary Allan